At Vox Agro, with the facility of large scale fermenters, we are capable to produce about 10 tonnes of high quality Pseudomonas fluorescens. The product is available in carrier based and liquid formulation.
Brand name: VOX FYTON
Mother culture of Pseudomonas fluorescens was sourced from Project Directorate of Biological Control (PDBC), Bangalore. Pseudomonas mass multiplied from pure mother culture under strict aseptic conditions is supplied as liquid and carrier based formulation. While liquid formulation have a minimum population of 1x 109 (CFUs)/ml, carrier formulation has a population of 1x 108 (CFUs)/g.
The product is available as liquid formulation and talc carrier based formulation.
- Pseudomonas Fluorescens 1% (w/w)
- Sticking agent – CMC – 1%.
- Inactive Ingredients 98.0% (w/w) (Moisture 35%, talc 63%)
Carrier based formulation is available in attractive one kg laminated poly pouches. The packing is moisture proof and well tolerates transportation and handling. The product is also supplied in bulk packing of 50kg/25 kg sizes in HDPE bags.
Liquid formulation is available in one lr HDPE containers and in 200 lr barrels.
Pseudomonas fluorescens are Gram-negative rod shaped aerobic bacteria that inhabit soil, plants, and water surfaces. It is used as a bio-control agent against several plant disease causing pathogens. Pseudomonas fluorescens produces a soluble, green fluorescent pigment pyoverdine which is responsible for chelating iron only when concentrations are low. Pseudomonas fluorescens are commensal species with plants, allowing plants to attain key nutrients, degrading pollutants, and suppressing pathogens via antibiotic productions.
Mode of disease control:
Pseudomonas produces secondary metabolites, many extracellular hydrolytic enzymes which supresses plant disease.
• Antibiotics such as pyrrolnitrin, pyoluteorin, and 2,4-diacetylphloroglucinol inhibit phytopathogen growth. Diseases from Rhizoctonia solani and Pythium ultimum that affect cotton plants are inhibited by this strain.
• Pseudomonas fluorescens produces hydrogen cyanide and the siderophores pyocheline and pyoverdine which it uses to outcompete with many pathogenic bacteria and suppress pathogens in the rhizosphere.
• Pseudomonas fluorescens produce exopolysaccharides which are used for protection against bacteriophages or dehydration as well as for defense against the host immune system.
• Pseudomonas fluorescens possess viscosin which is a peptidolipid that enhances antivirality.
Method of application:
For one kg of seeds about 40 grams of Pseudomonas product is required. Mix required quantity of Pseudomonas with equal quantity of Rice gruel .With this mixture, mix the required amount of seeds shade dry and after 24 hours, use the seeds of sowing.
Seedling Root dip:
Mix 2 Kg of Pseudomonas with 50 lits of water. In this mixture, keep the seedling roots in immersed condition for 10 minutes and use the seedlings for transplantation in the field.
Mix about 5 kgs Pseudomonas with 100 kgs of organic manure, keep the mixture under shade for one week and apply to the soil.